We are big fans of the Red Giant Magic Bullet suite of software plug-ins for video editing (both in Final Cut Pro 7/X and Adobe Premiere), especially the Magic Bullet Looks collection of pre-set color grading options and extreme options for color tweaking.
But for those photogs who transitioned over to include video into their bag of offerings to clients, there was a bit of a roadblock when it came to making a true multi-media show that included both your video footage and your still images, as you had this spectacular color grading/effects via Magic Bullet Looks, but it’s nearly impossible to recreate that identical look in Photoshop or Lightroom for you still images. What would happen then is a lack of visual continuity, which is critical for a successful multi-media show.
Well, along came Magic Bullet Photo Looks, which allows you to match exactly your still image to your video footage! Life in the multi-media world became a whole lot easier. Now the folks at Red Giant have released Magic Bullet Photo Looks 2!
[styledbox type=”general shaded” align=”center”]Magic Bullet PhotoLooks 2 -the long-awaited update to Magic Bullet PhotoLooks 1.5 – is here! If you made the transition from Looks to Looks 2, than you’ll be familiar with the new interface and improvements, but here’s a sum up of what’s new and awesome about PhotoLooks 2:
- Sweet upgrade price. Pay only $49 if you already own PhotoLooks 1.5.
- Free for Suite owners. Get a free upgrade if you already own Magic Bullet Suite.
- Reorganized interface. Your workspace is cleaner and more intuitive, keeping the heart of PhotoLooks 1 while making it easier to create new looks.
- Advanced color correction. Get incredible professional post-processing power (say that 3x’s fast) with Magic Bullet tools like 3-Way Wheels, Pop and Ranged HSL.
- Reveal your true colors. Analyze the precision of important colors with four new scopes for Memory Colors, Skin Overlay, Hue/Saturation and Hue/Lightness.
- Make your talent glow. Cosmetic cleanup is now easy with the Cosmo tool for adjusting skin tones and blemishes.
- Share Looks across apps. From your video editor to your photo processing software, you’re looks are now compatible across the board.